NOMINATIONS FOR 2023 HAVE NOW CLOSED
The AWE Excellence Awards formally recognise and honour the contribution of women to emergency management and disaster resilience across Australasia.
All AWE members are eligible to make nominations.
If you know someone who is making an important contribution to emergency management and/or disaster resilience, we encourage you to nominate them for an AWE Excellence Award in the following categories:
1. AWE Excellence Award – for women who are making an important contribution to emergency management and/or disaster resilience
2. AWE Senior Excellence Award – for women who have made an important legacy contribution to emergency management and/or disaster resilience
3. AWE Rising Star Excellence Award – for women aged 16-30 who are making a valuable contribution to emergency management and/or disaster resilience
4. AWE Mentor Excellence Award– for mentors who support and encourage women in the emergency management and/or disaster resilience sector in formal or informal mentoring arrangements
- Nominations must be in writing, addressing all sections, and submitted by the entry deadline.
- Entries submitted after this deadline can be entered into next year’s Awards
- Nominators must be members of AWE Network
- Self nominations will not be accepted
- Nominees must be at least 16 years of age to be nominated
- We welcome nominations of people of diverse backgrounds including those who identify as non-binary and gender diverse
- The nominee should not be advised of their nomination. If successful, the Selection Panel will contact them to ask if they are willing to receive the Award without disclosing the name of the Nominator/s
- The contact details of two referees who have agreed to act as referees should be provided. The nominator cannot also be the referee for the person being nominated
- A person can receive only one Award each year and is not eligible for a second Award within three years. No weight is given to the number of times a person is nominated
- In ensuring that the AWE Network Award recipients are representative of our diverse membership consideration may be given to age, remote, regional, city locations; recognition of diversity; voluntary and paid work that supports the contributions of women in emergency management and disaster resilience across Australasia
- The AWE Excellence Awards nominations will be judged by a Selection Panel, the members of which will be chosen by the AWE Committee
- The Selection Panel may consider a Nomination for Award Categories other than the Category identified in the nomination, and may make multiple Awards in each category
In the event of a dispute the decision of the Selection Panel will be final.
- Any offline materials submitted as part of your entry will not be returned. No feedback will be provided by the Selection Panel.